Founder’s Reception RSVP Deadline: Make sure to let us know if you plan to attend the Founder’s Reception
at Dean Kamen’s home on January 4, 2019.
Deadline Approaching! Mentor Recognition:
All mentors must be registered
before 11:59 P.M. ET on Friday, December 14
to receive this season’s recognition items during National Mentor Month in January 2019.
Your team’s Lead Coach/Mentor 1 or 2 can invite/remove mentors by logging in
and selecting the “Contacts Options” button under the Team Contacts/Roster section on the Dashboard page, then “Manage Contacts.”
Complete your Roster for 2019 DESTINATION: DEEP SPACE presented by The Boeing Company: Make sure your roster is completed now, so you won’t have to worry during build or event season. Ask parents to register their students today! We can help you keep your parents and your team members “in the know” and make sure they don’t miss out on any of the news and valuable information coming from FIRST®.
Why is this so important? By registering your youth team members, you:
- Allow us to keep in touch with students about scholarships, internships and career opportunities
- Help us contact parents in case of emergencies
- Make it easier to create a team roster needed for events
- Provide FIRST with demographic data to help improve and grow our programs*
- Provide your team members with the ability to apply for some team awards
*FIRST uses youth information to understand who our programs are serving – ensuring that they are accessible to all. We also utilize aggregate information to meet sponsor requirements, such as the total number of team members and the percentage of boys and girls. Private information is not shared.
Regional, District, and FIRST® Championship Housing:
Make sure your team is all systems go for DESTINATION: DEEP SPACE. Book your 2019 FIRST® Robotics Competition event housing early to get your top hotel picks. When you book with FIRST, you will:
- Stay close to your event venues
- Receive guaranteed low rates at FIRST-reviewed and sanctioned hotels
- Enjoy FIRST-only contracted amenities at most hotels including complimentary Wi-Fi, breakfast, and parking
- Earn rewards points
- Build your STEM squad by connecting with other teams
Space at Regionals: Even though many of our Regional events have waiting lists, we still have room in some locations! For example, we have capacity for the Del Mar Regional in Week 1. For the full list of events with capacity, please visit last week's blog entry posted by Frank.
2019 National Advocacy Conference - SAVE THE DATE!
June 23 – 25 in Washington, DC. Registration is now open! FIRST
Robotics Competition teams and individuals are invited to attend a day and a half of training and then meet with their Members of Congress and Senators to advocate for STEM and FIRST
! Questions, more information, and registration: http://firstnac.org
or email email@example.com