Learn how to facilitate FIRST® programs and achieve STEM learning objectives in your classroom.
FIRST® provides professional development to acquire or strengthen your facilitation skills for project-based learning curriculum and 21st century skills such as creativity, problem solving and teamwork in an active learning environment.
FIRST Certified Professional Development is a two-day learning experience that provides you with all the tools you need to bring FIRST® Tech Challenge, FIRST® LEGO® League, and FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. to your classroom or as an extracurricular activity. Certificates for CEU’s provided at the completion of the 14 hours of training for each FIRST Program.
Please join us at one of the scheduled regional events listed below
- Atlanta, Georgia – July 24-25 – North Springs Charter High School
- Compton, California – August 6-7 – Walton Middle School
- Manchester, New Hampshire – August 21-22 – FIRST® Place
At each location, three separate sessions will be offered*.
Please select one:
- FIRST LEGO League Jr. robotics program (grades K-4)
- FIRST LEGO League robotics program (grades 4-8)
- FIRST Tech Challenge robotics program (grades 7-12)
The following sessions are full:
- FIRST Tech Challenge training in Atlanta, GA
- FIRST LEGO League training in Manchester, NH
Cost for 2 days of training and use of FIRST computers, robot kits, and curriculum is $500. You do not need to purchase any hardware or software for this course. Meals and travel are not included in the cost.
Additional locations and dates may be added, please check back for updates.