The FIRST® Mentor Network
Uniting teams and mentors to build a better future
The FIRST® Mentor Network sponsored by NI is an interactive platform allowing teams and interested mentors to easily find each other for virtual or in-person mentorship. The community platform provides new and returning teams access to passionate, engaged mentors, while giving mentors the opportunity to use their unique skill sets and have meaningful involvement with one or more teams.
Whether it is finding their people or finding their path, mentors help students gain the skills and confidence to forge ahead and build their future with FIRST. Create your team or mentor profile today.
Teams can use the platform to highlight their needs for a meeting, project, area of expertise, or the whole season.
Mentors can be parents, teachers, professional engineers, veterans, and can be a person of any age who brings technical or non-technical expertise to the team. Whether your area of expertise is in biomedical engineering, creative brainstorming, or branding, share your skillsets and passion to help the next generation of innovators grow their own expertise and the confidence to be successful this season and beyond.
Create your team or mentor profile today. You can find the FIRST Mentor Network from the Dashboard under the “Volunteer Registration” tab.
Additional Tips & Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Online Safety Tips
- Tips for Creating Team Post
- Tips for Creating Mentor Profile
- Tips for Virtual Mentor Presentations
Additional questions about the FIRST Mentor Network?
Contact FIRST Customer Service at 1-800-871-8326, extension 0 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- All mentors must be at least 18 years of age and complete the required Youth Protection screening.
- This platform is not for students to find teams in their area or for mentor to mentor communication.
- Only a team's Lead Coach/Mentor 1 or 2 may create a profile on behalf of a registered team
- This platform is not for students/teams to communicate with other teams and students.
- FIRST Mentor Network is currently only available to teams and residents of the US and Canada.
Check out additional volunteer opportunities with FIRST.
Together, teams and mentors can make a positive impact on each other,
in their community, and even the world.
The FIRST Mentor Network is sponsored by: