Strategies for Inspiring Success for All Course
FIRST® knows that culture shapes our biases and beliefs about people based on their age, gender, race, language, (dis)ability, or income level, often without our realization. These resources and trainings will equip us for the work.
FIRST has been collaborating with the National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity (NAPE) to develop training for coaches, mentors, volunteers, partners and other key stakeholders who work directly with students and are committing to create diverse, inclusive and equitable teams. Through engaging and reflective activities on the power of culture on our interactions with students, these modules will equip us with specific strategies to support community outreach, student participation, persistence, engagement and success.
We have prepared a complimentary, three-part training module course for the FIRST community. This course is free and accessible to anyone.
The three interactive course modules each range in 20 - 40 minutes. Complete the modules individually or all at once. We recommend completing each module in one sitting as the certificates generate based on completion of each module.
Once you've completed the training modules we encourage you to download the FIRST Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Training badge. When file opens, right click and "save image as" to download.
Create a free Schoology account:
- Visit www.schoology.com
- In the top right corner, select “Sign Up”
- When prompted to choose a type of account, select “Instructor.” Do not select “STUDENT”
- Fill out the registration form and select “Register”
- Another form will appear. You may skip this step.
Join the course:
- Select “Courses” from the menu at the top of the screen
- Select “Join” from the drop-down menu
- Enter the Access Code: BRXDP-2ND8V
- Select “Join”