- “More Than Robots” Premieres Friday
- Student Ambassador Program Opportunity
- Connect Your Team Members with Career Opportunities
“More Than Robots” Premieres Friday
“More Than Robots,” an original documentary capturing the excitement, heart, and hope of the FIRST® experience, begins streaming Friday, March 18, on Disney+. If your team has Disney+ access, be sure to experience all the FIRST feels with your #omgrobots crew! On the FIRST Community blog, we shared seven tips for hosting the ultimate “More Than Robots” watch party, including movie bingo, robot snacks, and virtual screening opportunities.
Student Ambassador Program Opportunity
Are you a FIRST participant attending FIRST Championship? Consider becoming a Student Ambassador! This is a great opportunity to spend quality time with sponsors and other FIRST special quest.
As part of FIRST Championship, we ask FIRST participants to assist us in providing fun and exciting tours to our generous Sponsors and other special guests. We know our students are our best tour guides, and our guests would love to meet you! Volunteer to be a Student Ambassador at FIRST Championship this year and show our guests what FIRST is all about.
To volunteer as a Student Ambassador:
- Log into your FIRST Dashboard or create an account if you do not have one at: https://www.firstinspires.org/
- Fill out all required profile information
- Continue to the background screening process (for those who are 18 or older)
- To apply to volunteer, click on “Event Volunteering”
- Click Program (FIRST® Tech Challenge or FIRST® Robotics Competition)
- Search for the Houston Championship event and click volunteer
- Select “Student Ambassador” as role
- Click on “Apply For Selected Roles” to complete the process
Time commitment for the role is a two-hour tour shift, plus training. Training is Wednesday of Championship and tours are Thursday and Friday. If you would like more information, please contact email@example.com
Connect Your Team Members with Career Opportunities
is partnering with Tallo to bring you STEM Season – over a month of incredible opportunities in STEM education and career exploration. Now through April 15, students can connect with industry leaders, expert content, and scholarship opportunities. Check it out and be sure your team members register now