Week one of the 2019 FIRST® Robotics Competition competition season is here! As you make preparations for your event(s), we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- Team rosters and consent and release forms: All teams must hand in their team roster. For any students that did not register electronically, the lead mentor must turn in the paper-copy consent and release forms when checking-in at their event, for every event. Even if none of your team members completed an electronic consent and release form, you must still print out your Team Roster from the Dashboard and handwrite the names of those who have completed paper-copies.
- Don’t forget your safety glasses! As most of you know, everyone is required to wear safety glasses at all times in the Pit area. FIRST® only has a limited supply of extra safety glasses on hand to lend, so we appreciate your efforts to supply enough safety glasses for your entire team!
- Please review the Safety Manual! It is important that teams obey all safety items, including wearing closed toe shoes, wearing gloves when necessary, and practicing safe lifting techniques.
- Do not save seats. It is not fair to other teams or public guests, and it is against the rules.
- Respect boundaries in the Pit area! Please be respectful of fellow teams by being aware of how much space your team is using in the Pit area. Each team is usually allocated a 10’x10’x10’ Pit space. Please be conscious of how much space your team is using in order to allow adequate workspace for your neighboring teams, and to ensure overall safety for everyone. We appreciate your Gracious Professionalism®!
- Extended Team Support Hours: Team Support will be available on Saturdays during competition event weeks from 12 to 5 p.m. ET. For assistance, please call 1-800-871-8326 x 0.
FIRST® Championship Registration Process:
If a team qualifies at an event to attend the 2019 FIRST
Championship, they will receive an email no later than the Monday following the conclusion of the event inviting them to register for the event through the Dashboard at www.firstinspires.org
Once registered for the event, teams must secure payment for registration or prior to the deadline provided in the invitation email. Teams can submit payment for the event through the Dashboard or by contacting FIRST
Finance directly. Visit our Pricing Structure and Payment Terms
page to view payment options.
IMPORTANT - If your team does not register by the invitation deadline, your invite will be revoked, and your team will be ineligible to register for the 2019 FIRST Championship (Spots will not be held past the invitation deadline!). If your team qualifies at another event or is selected from the Championship wait list, you would be eligible to register for the Championship again under that qualification.
Audience Displays: Check out the graphics
that will be displayed at events for the 2019 DESTINATION: DEEP SPACE Presented By Boeing season!
New Team Blast schedule: Team blasts will transition to Tuesdays during the competition season, starting today, February 26. Keep an eye out for additional communications from Team Support throughout the remainder of the season as well.
Event and FIRST Championship Housing: The FIRST Robotics Competition 2019 events are finally here! After weeks of careful calculations and teamwork, it’s time to put it all to the test. Make your team’s event experience successful on and off the field. Book your team housing with us.
Teams who book event housing with FIRST,
- Stay close to event venues
- Receive guaranteed low rates at FIRST-reviewed and sanctioned hotels
- Enjoy FIRST-only contracted amenities at most hotels including complimentary Wi-Fi, breakfast, and parking
- Build STEM squads by connecting with other teams
2019 FIRST Championship housing
is now open for attending teams and volunteers. Check out the options
so you’re ready to book if your team advances.
Good luck, teams!