Bring learning to life with free and flexible
PreK-12 STEM activities from FIRST®
Whether you are in the classroom, remote, or in a hybrid environment, the FIRST at Home curriculum series gives teachers, parents, and coaches ways to engage students in STEM learning, skill building, and FUN.
Each activity features a specific skill area and topic for students to work through using the engineering design process, and can be done individually or in collaboration, used as a stand-alone lesson, or bundled together as a series to deepen STEM learning.
Whether you're planning to run a virtual camp, searching for hands-on distance learning curriculum, need to keep your FIRST team moving forward with their STEM journey, or just want to bring authentic learning opportunities into your home for fun, start here with FIRST at Home!
The 12 sessions include:
- Getting Started Guide - activities overview, weekly topic summary, strategies for use
- Parent Guide – resources to help students develop and implement time management skills with a Core Values mindset at home
- lesson plans featuring instructions for guiding students, key vocabulary, materials lists and assessment rubrics
- design briefs for students completing the activities, including how to apply learning to real-world scenarios
- Additional resources from FIRST Programs and partners
Grades PreK-1, Ages 4-6
30 - 60 minute activities
Download lesson plans and design briefs. Complete form to access.