Bring learning to life this summer with free and flexible PreK-12 STEM activities from FIRST®
FIRST at Home is a 12-session curriculum series for teachers, parents, and coaches to engage students in STEM learning, skill development, and FUN in a variety of learning environments
Each activity features a specific skill area and topic for students to work through using the engineering design process, and can be done individually or in collaboration, used as a stand-alone lesson, or bundled together as a series to deepen STEM learning.
Whether you're planning to run a virtual summer camp, searching for hands-on distance learning curriculum for the fall, need to keep your FIRST team moving forward with their STEM journey, or just want to bring authentic learning opportunities into your home for fun, start here with FIRST at Home!
The first 6 sessions are available now and include:
- Getting Started Guide - activities overview, weekly topic summary, strategies for use
- Parent Guide – resources to help students develop and implement time management skills with a Core Values mindset at home
- 6 lesson plans featuring instructions for guiding students, key vocabulary, materials lists and assessment rubrics
- 6 design briefs for students completing the activities, including how to apply learning to real-world scenarios
- Additional resources from FIRST Programs and partners
Grades PreK-1, Ages 4-6
30 - 60 minute activities
Download lesson plans and design briefs. Complete form to access.