FIRST® jumpstarts STEM learning through hands-on robotics fun, while cleverly helping kids transfer classroom concepts to real-world applications.
- At the elementary level, student teams design, build, and program robots. They are also challenged to research scientific problems and present solutions.
- Middle and high-school kids design, build and program their robots, and operate them to play in a competitive field game.
- All are exposed to principles of fair play, inclusiveness, respect for others, teamwork, perseverance, and critical thinking.
Receive your STEM in the Classroom Bundle:
- “Top 5 Myths of Teaching STEM in the Classroom”
- “The Definitive Guide to Computer Science in K-12,” by educator and author, Vicki Davis
- “How to Start a FIRST Team” guides